Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BOOK REGS MEMO.EXE-239DFB4D.pf - totally unknown problem?

• Please log in to reply

Maelspike

Maelspike

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
My computer's been extremely slow lately, and I've been getting advert pop-ups randomly whenever I'm on the net. I ran a trendmicro scan and managed to get rid of the pop-up source, but it's back again and now neither trendmicro nor ad-aware can find the problem. I have no idea where it came from.
I've discovered what's been causing my computer to be so slow, though. Trendmicro, ad-aware, and my F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security program (complete with firewall etc) have managed to find it, but I've noticed that in the Processes tab of the Windows Task Manager, there's a process labelled BOOK REGS MEMO.EXE that's using 99% of my CPU. I checked out the Prefetch folder and there's a file there called BOOK REGS MEMO.EXE-239DFB4D.pf. Deleting it is of no use, since it just comes back when I restart my computer. Shutting down the process makes my computer function normally again, but the process just comes back after a while. Hope someone can help...

Advertisements

Maelspike

Maelspike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hooray. Anyone home?

Maelspike

Maelspike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts