Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ezlaptop, scam or legit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jghaddock

jghaddock

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz:
I don't know if ezlaptop is a scam or not, but I gambled on it anyway. I question people who say they received their laptop in a "couple months" because I signed up in October 2004 and I don't believe I've ever missed an email. Maybe I am getting more spam, it doesn't bother me to click the DELETE button. As of today I have 178 credits, so I'm anxiously awaiting the next 32 messages. No, I don't read them - I just click the link to get the credits. It takes almost no time at all. You just have to remember to log in & read them before they are dumped out of your inbox (it holds 10 messages at a time). So, I'm trying to attach this PDF I made of the screen showing all the emails I've "read" so far. I haven't referred anyone, so I don't have any credits for that. I'm not sure if the people you refer have to just click your link or they actually have to sign up. I'm not recommending it to anyone until my laptop arrives! I'm working on a website to track how this goes, it should be up in the next few days @ www.geocities.com/jghaddock. I'll try & keep you all up-to-date & keep as much evidence as I can. Just out of curiosity, what would make someone believe I did get the laptop as promised when I hit 210 points? Hope I finally solve the mystery of ezlaptop! jenn

Attached Files

Edited by jghaddock, 02 May 2005 - 09:04 PM.

Advertisements

Renee4ever

Renee4ever

• Pip
  • 6 posts
[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple] Hi all! I'm new here and my name is Renee. I have found so many informative posts here that I decided to join! What I wanted to share was about ezlaptop. I have achieved my 210 points last week and I got my tracking number. I was told that it was up for approval when I put the purchase through for my laptop. I have since emailed them three times with no response. This is NOT encouraging to me because they usually respond to my emails. I don't have spam settings on so it's not that either. I am anxiously awaiting and it's getting harder! LOL I wish I knew how long this would take. If it works..I will do this again. We shall see...<crossing fingers> :tazz:

callistra

callistra

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I signed up around Sept/Oct of last year, and still have not received enough e-mails to get my laptop. I do have 196 credits, so I’m close! I’m thinking just another month.. will keep posted.

J35U5

J35U5

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi I just joined today and I woud like to talk about Exlaptop too...I currently have 205 Credits and currently awaiting for next e-mails..I'll will keeo up on the forums and tell you guys if its a scam or not! Talk to you all in a couple of days >_<

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
No I'm tempted to try. (=)

J35U5

J35U5

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello Just replying again to say that i have 207 points and only 3 more!!! Talk to you guys in a couple of days! >_<

Renee4ever

Renee4ever

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Hello Just replying again to say that i have 207 points and only 3 more!!! Talk to you guys in a couple of days!  >_<

View Post

Heh, let me tell you this much. I got to 210 points about 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing yet from them. I have sent them emails with no response and when I enter in my tracking number now nothing happens. When I first put my order through it gave me the tracking number and said it was awaiting approval.

It's become silent from them. They used to be very good in responding to emails at one time, I used to get a response immediately back in answer to any question. I'm not happy with all the reviews I'm hearing about them so far, no one seems to know anyone who has gotten a laptop. So I sit here waiting to see. I have a ton of friends who will sign up under me if it works. Hmmmm The clock is ticking. lol

I did find on one web page that said someone waited about 6 months but finally got their laptop. So we shall see. :tazz:

J35U5

J35U5

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi...Yes i think it is a scam it has been about 1 week now and no emails, no contact,...nothing....So im thinking its a scam so far but if the laptop comes in ill post a reply up...Thanks for the help

callistra

callistra

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I just withdrew my 210 credits. My order number was 603 :\ There are really that many pending orders now? I thought we were still on 60s...

aysgrd

aysgrd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: New to this site but got 210 points 5-13-05 and had 4 referralls still havent heard anything about the questions sent about no info when puting tracking # in, tracking number was sent automatic after ordered laptop, still know inf and no laptop and have mail in inbx and still getting credits. dont know what happened but have never heard someone say they got a laptop statrded somewhere in 2004 [/CODE]

Advertisements

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

No I'm tempted to try. (=)

View Post

Scratch that.

LesCo

LesCo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just reading the EZlaptop conditions it's obvious that the only way to accumulate enough credits to get a laptop is by getting other people to join the scheme and pay their money - just reading adverts will never do it. In other words its a carefully disguised pyramid selling operation. - Enough said?!!

Concept27

Concept27

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I thought I just add my story here to sorta' "LICK MY WOUNDS". Signed up Auguset, 2004, completed 210 points May 27th, 2005. Logged on, cashed in my chips, got order # 827 and that was the last time I heard anything from EZLAPTOP. It's funny, we spend soooo much money on junk, but this $5.00 and the endless clicking on senseless UK and other BS-ads really ;) pisses me off! :ph34r:. Think for one minute: 210 points, each Mailer Package costs the advertiser $74.95 ( X 210 = $15,739.50) Almost $16.000 and they don't even have the courtesy to come up with some BS reason to deny the prize. :oops: I'll be happy with that!!! Just send an email telling me I did not meet the requirements for a FREE VAIO LAPTOP since I did not have any referalls. I commend them on this perfect Pyramide Scheme if I received an email like that. At least be honest about it. I have yet to see a person who has received a FREE VAIO. I hate to admit that my dad was right all along:

THERE IS NO SUCH A THING AS FREE LUNCH!

:idea: [bleep] I hate when he is right... :tazz:

Renee4ever

Renee4ever

• Pip
  • 6 posts
*****Think for one minute: 210 points, each Mailer Package costs the advertiser $74.95 ( X 210 = $15,739.50) Almost $16.000 and they don't even have the courtesy to come up with some BS reason to deny the prize. I'll be happy with that!!! Just send an email telling me I did not meet the requirements for a FREE VAIO LAPTOP since I did not have any referalls. I commend them on this perfect Pyramide Scheme if I received an email like that. At least be honest about it. I have yet to see a person who has received a FREE VAIO. I hate to admit that my dad was right all along: *****

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I would be happy with a simple email stating that they can't send it or ANYTHING. They are not replying to me STILL! I have decided that I am going to make a complaint to paypal. They said that we could do that so I think that everyone who is getting stiffed by ezlaptop should make a complaint with paypal. You can call them..they have an 800 number. Geeee imagine that!!!! It's because paypal is a legit company. LOL UGH.

Anyway...I did refer four people during my tenure of collecting points with ezlaptop...so I don't know what the heck the problem is. I am VERY VERY angry though and I wish there was something that could be done.

Any ideas anyone??? Other than making a complaint to paypal? :tazz:

Concept27

Concept27

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Here is what I have found today on BBB (Better Business Bureau):

The Better Business Bureau
4428 N. 12th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85014-4585
602-264-1721
[email protected]

EZLAPTOP.COM
15111 N Hayden Rd., Suite
Scottsdale, AZ 85014

Phone Number: --
Membership Status: no

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

This company is not a member of this Better Business Bureau.

CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to an unanswered complaint.

REPORT DATE: 06/06/2005

COPYRIGHT DATE: 2005 The Better Business Bureau

STANDARD DISCLAIMER

As a matter of policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service, or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained in this report is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.

The Better Business Bureau reports on members and non-members. Membership in the BBB is voluntary. Members must meet and maintain BBB standards. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report.

At least, newbies to EZLAPTOP.COM will get a better idea who they are dealing with. BTW, no sign of a Vaio Laptop as of yet. Currently 235 points. I feel kinda dumb clicking on the links, but is is kinda ADDICTING :tazz: