Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ezlaptop, scam or legit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Forgot to mention the mailing costs for ezlaptop have just gone up. Heres a tip for you, copy this into your address box, https://wanadoo.netb...ucts_domain.cfm
enter the address of the site you're thinking of joining then click find owner, if the owner is listed as registerfly or whois their details are protected meaning unavailable to the public. Ask yourself why dont they want you to know who they are? In my opinion and that of money makers, DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM.

Advertisements

MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Just another quick note, sorry if I'm getting on your nerves but didn't anyone notice ezlaptops email address registered with paypal when they joined. Their main email is [email protected] their customer service mail which paypal demand is a valid address where mail will be recieved is [email protected] When ezlaptop dont acknowledge mails sent to this address paypal will shut them down. Everyone needs to mail them and report them they'll disapperar soon enough.

mrcore

mrcore

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

if the owner is listed as registerfly or whois their details are protected meaning unavailable to the public. Ask yourself why dont they want you to know who they are? In my opinion and that of money makers, DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM.

View Post

As one of the owners of CHPLaptops.com ( a site similar to ezlaptop.com, but not a scam) which just went public. I can tell you exactly why some one would make their information private.

Chplaptops.com opened almost exactly 49 hours ago, I have already been getting hate mail and death threats from people that have no clue how much went in to making a site like this that is legit.

I am very glad that I decided to keep my home address and phone number private. Because a lot of people would be knocking on my door to "beat you to death at the first sign of problems in your site" and "[bleep] you up you [bleep]ing peice of [bleep] liar" (the areas in quotations are direct quotes from just two of the thirty-four peices of mail that I have forwarded to the FBI for being either hate mail or death threats)

So why don't you ask your self why should a person that is trying to run a legitimate business have to put up with having to move or change their phone number because some whack jobs on the internet decided that they can't figure out how it can work.. So it MUST be a scam.

When ezlaptop dont acknowledge mails sent to this address paypal will shut them down. Everyone needs to mail them and report them they'll disapperar soon enough.

Ezlaptop.com went down 4 days ago.

MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Sorry, I don't know what to say I've obviously hit a raw nerve. I completely understand what you're saying, however I have never had anything like that. maybe pureley down to luck. The only kind of internet abuse I've suffered is some weirdo who called himself mountain biker emailing me via ebay when I sold my car. That was horrible, so i do have a little understanding of how you might have felt. However users are very limited to how much they can find out about a business that works only on the net so i mean what can you do. Knowing where your actually sending your hard earned cash can be a comfort, but I do understand your reasons for protecting your details. No hard feelings eh. I am still very interested in your site, we're always looking for sites to go on the (tiny) good list. As the bad list is extensive. I am aware that ezlaptop have shut down, the only worrying thing is what will their next venture be? and will we know it's them?

Edited by MoneyMaker, 26 June 2005 - 09:45 AM.

Fat Tony

Fat Tony

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I just joined this site so I could comment on this ezlaptop.com thing.

First of all I am member #55. I know a person that got 5 laptops from this website before it transfered to new management. I earned my credits with referrals and my tracking number was 204. Yeah. I ordered my VIAO on May 9th 2005. So far ive got nothing. Ive emailed them about 5 times now with no replies. Now the site is down and ill never see my $5 again. These people scammed us all and deserve to pay for it. The only reason I joined was beause my friend got his laptops before, but the new managers screwed us. That is my 2 cents about this. If the site comes back up any time, dont sign up.

Fat Tony

Fat Tony

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Im not going for anymore cheap laptops again. This one seems like they will scam us too. As much as they say their not a scam Im sure they are.

Karawolf

Karawolf

• Pip
  • 3 posts
[FONT=Optima] :tazz: well...I've been a "customer" of ezlaptop.com...I've been ripped off for lesser products that cost me more $$...shoooot, even had a Honda Elite 80 scooter snagged right off my front porch! Cinco semolians ain't no big thing... up until a couple or so days ago, I was up to 200 credits!! Woohoo!! Gonna git me a new laptop!! BUT, lo&behold....they've either magically or conveniently vanished from cyberspace! I'm not PO'ed as much as I am disappointed...kinda like when I found out about Santa & the Easter Bunny...

da KWolf

Fiz

Fiz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: Well it looks like I have been scamed, just got to my 210 credits and the website goes down!... Not worried about my $5.00 but the 5 people that joined with my referral!

Found an old e-mail from ezlaptop.com when the site when down in January, I have included the e-mail info, but removed my e-mail address. It may help someone who can dig around and maybe trace the source. Tried the http: ;) given in the e-mail but this does not work.

Searched on google and found a ezlaptop home page cached, and there is reference to www.registerfly.com if you click on the icon you get a stats page which indicates the site is up and running!! Here is the link http://www.registerf...ww.ezlaptop.com

Also I hope I have attached a Screen Shot showing the this.

Some other information which may help; which is shown after the e-mail info... hope it helps.

E-mail details;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Delivered-To: xxxxxxxx.com
Received: (qmail 57442 invoked from network); 24 Jan 2005 00:18:34 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO boltblue.com) ([172.20.1.85])
(envelope-sender <[email protected]>)
by email-a01 (qmail-ldap-1.03) with SMTP
for <xxxxxxx.com>; 24 Jan 2005 00:18:34 -0000
Received: (qmail 5580 invoked from network); 24 Jan 2005 00:18:53 -0000
Received: from dime84.dizinc.com (66.195.241.75)
by mx0.boltblue.com with SMTP; 24 Jan 2005 00:18:53 -0000
Received: from nobody by dime84.dizinc.com with local (Exim 4.44)
id 1CsrwY-0007gr-1k
for xxxxxxxxx.com; Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:18:58 -0500
To: xxxxxxx.com
Subject: Dear Members: If you are unable to access the site right now by visiting ezlaptop.com then going to http://66.195.241.77 should work for you. Regards, EZLaptop
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Reply-to: [email protected]
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:18:58 -0500
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - dime84.dizinc.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - boltblue.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [99 99] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - dime84.dizinc.com
X-Source:
X-Source-Args:
X-Source-Dir: Image1.jpg

ezlaptop.com info.
Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: EZLAPTOP.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS1.EARNCHEAP.NET
Name Server: NS2.EARNCHEAP.NET
Updated Date: 25-jun-2005
Creation Date: 14-jul-2003
Expiration Date: 14-jul-2006

>>> Last update of whois database: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:37:54 EDT <<<

mrcore

mrcore

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Im not going for anymore cheap laptops again.  This one seems like they will scam us too.  As much as they say their not a scam Im sure they are.

View Post

Why?
I would like to know what proof you have that I want to scam people.
Listen I don't mind if you don't want to join, for whatever reason.
But please do not call me a scam artist, don't say I'm out to scam anyone because I'm not.

And if you are sure that we are a scam, then I would like to see the proof that you must have.

For everyone else, please don't jump to conclusions. Just because some one doesn't understand how it can work doesn't mean that it won't. If you are skeptical then sit back, relax, keep tabs on the site, and wait for us to proove that we aren't out to scam anyone.

Fat Tony

Fat Tony

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Aight well if this is a scam in hunting you down.

And im not kidding.

Advertisements

MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Another site I've been looking at is www.electronics4free.com I am very interested to find any other members as this seems to have the same trademark. I've had login details stop working and am now waiting for the replies to 5 emails over 2 months.

X-Factor

X-Factor

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hmm alot of people to burned by them but I don't see anyone trying to stop them. I think its time to start complaining to the Better Business Bureau to put these person/persons behind bars. Go here to make your complaint http://www.bbb.org/complaint.asp

mrcore

mrcore

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Aight well if this is a scam in hunting you down.
And im not kidding.

View Post

see, this is the kind of thing that should be seen as unacceptable by everyone.

And it is for this reason that I will no longer post on this website.

Threats in any form for any action are illegal (federal crime)

Edited by mrcore, 27 June 2005 - 04:30 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Charging someone $10 to send them spam is acceptable!? :tazz: ;)

Fat Tony

Fat Tony

• Pip
  • 4 posts

And it is for this reason that I will no longer post on this website.

Threats in any form for any action are illegal (federal crime)

View Post

then charge me with something. please.