Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advice

• Please log in to reply

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
What program( free or not) would be the best for backing up all of my computer data and putting it on CD's??
Is it possible to create a system restore disk out of my data?

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
It depends on what you are talking about restoring. The Operating System I keep on a seperate partition from data. There are quite a few Imaging programs that can make images of your drives and restore them just as they were when they were imaged. Large data partions are not goning to fit on most CD media but most good imaging software can split the drive image into mutiple parts to fit.

BootitNG is a nice multi-use utility that does Imaging,partiition resizing and MBR work and is resonably price (half the price of Partition Magic and does more)

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
My best guess software to backup your entire hard drive is Norton Ghost.

Saracen

Saracen

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I don't use drive imaging software myself, but as well as bootitNG and ghost as mentioned above, I have also come across a few post mentioning Acronis True Image, From looking at the site there are corporate and home versions - just thought it may be of interest to you and worth mentioning in your quest for software - good luck !

Acronis True Image - Website

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Thanks, I decided to use Acronis True Image, it works good!