Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Video Card underpowered?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hmm well I ordered a new computer from Monarch back in August (not my decision, had it been my money I would have tried to build it from scratch). Originally I had gone with a HIS X1900XT as the XTX was ridiculously expensive. However when we ordered it, Monarch's stock had been completely drained and we had to wait till September 14th for the new shipment of video cards to come. When all was said and done, we got the new computer on the 20th I think. And when I examined the list of parts that came with this computer, I noticed we had gotten an ATI Original X1900XTX. Naturally, I had no complaints as we essentially got a better video card for a cheaper price.

But here is my curious question. When I look at the specs on the X1900XTX, something doesn't seem to match up. Newegg says that it has a core clock of 650mhz, as do most reviews/sites. But when I access the the hardware specs on my X1900XTX via the Catalyst Control Center, it simply says 500mhz. And the memory clock according to Newegg is supposed to be 1550 mhz but mine says 594 mhz. I uploaded photos of what it said in case I was reading something wrong.

My question is, is this normal or am I not reading/interpreting something correctly? Or am I supposed to OC to attain the speeds it says on Newegg. Also, I noted how the graphics adapter is labelled as "Radeon X1900 Series". Is it supposed to say that or should it says X1900XTX? On my old comp it said Radeon 9500Pro, which was exactly the model for the graphics card.