Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Award Boot Block Bios v1.0

• Please log in to reply

trunolimit

trunolimit

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey, i need help with this Award Boot Block Bios v1.0. i start the computer wich is and "A1 system" what ever that is, and it gives me a beep then 2 buzzes. i pop in the floppy and it ask me for awdflash.exe. so i gace it awdflash exe then it says source file not found. from what i gather from the net i have to compile some sort of boot sequence dependant on my mother board. but i have tried to search for info on my mobo but have had no luck. all i know is it is a intell p3 4 pci 1 agp 2 other wierd long black ports 4 ram slots no built in aduio or video and every thing else is prety much standard.it has a s/n: m0007003084 but thats no help on google. so if anyone can help flashing this [bleep] bios i'd apreciat it.

Advertisements

trunolimit

trunolimit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok i've come a long ways from when i first posted. seems like my mobo is a 6ajm2-c100a. i looked it up and its a chaintech. they don't seem to support this mobo anymore though. and when i use awdflash i get a source file not found message. so this sucks. i did manageto get a users manual but it says i should be able to enter the bios if i hit delete but so far when i boot up nothing happens no matter what i hit.

trunolimit

trunolimit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
so basically this is what i gather is going on

AWARD BootBlock BIOS is attempting recovery and it's searching for a diskette automatically. i need a copy of the .bin file that awdflash.exe is looking for. chaintech has *hit on its website and the only thing i could find was a website that wanted me to give them some long number that i would only get if the bios was working in the first place.

take my advice and don't ever purchase a Mother board with an award bios on it. every time i use the awdflash.exe it says source file not found or something like that. wich idicates its preloaded to look for a certain file but how do i found out what.

Edited by trunolimit, 10 October 2006 - 03:19 PM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
The Award flash utility needs a BIOS update file (bin file) from Chaintech, that's why it's saying it can't find a source file.
Go onto the Chaintech support site, download the correct BIOS update and read the instructions that come with it.

I've had several motherboards of my own that used the Award BIOS and i've never had a problem. I've also built a couple of hundred PCs that use Award BIOS and they never had a problem either.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 11 October 2006 - 05:21 AM.

trunolimit

trunolimit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
yeah i kinda figured the best place to go to get a bios would be chaintech but they don't support my motherboard anymore. it just gives me a link to a page and tells me to down load some exe file wich i did and tried to run on a flopy but got the same source file not found error. is there any way to work around this automation thing. is there some manual console mode or something.

and about that whole award bios thing. it just ticks me off that they would give such vauge error messages. at least they could say sours file @#$.bin not found or something.