Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Installation Problems

• Please log in to reply

smalls0623

smalls0623

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Nothing was printing and I need it to so I uninstalled the drivers and Software for my HP PSC 1315 All-In-One. I asked for help from my college's tech support but to no avail. Everytime I uninstall and reinstall I am able to print, but as long as the printer is plugged into the computer Windows "Found New Hardware" wizard comes up and says new hardware recognized, and then an error comes up. "There was an error installing this hardware: HP PSC 1310 series...An error occured during the installation of this device, the system cannot find the file specified." The printer prints and is in the installed printers window and everything works great, except for the pop-up. When I click finish on it a baloon in the task bar says new hardware found, and the window pops up again. Please help!

JIM

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hi,

Does the setup program ask you to plug the printer in at any point?

smalls0623

smalls0623

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yes, at the end of setup it asks you to connect the hardware. I have tried it both ways (connecting the printer, and clicking that I will connect it later with no such luck). Which way is the best?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Uninstall the drivers, remove the device from manager (if it's there), unplug the printer and restart your PC.
Download the latest drivers from the HP support site, run the setup program and only plug the printer in when requested to.