Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My comp dosne't shut down

• Please log in to reply

Mr47

Mr47

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I just started getting this problem yesterday. After I click Turn Off the computer displays a blue screen and says "Windows is shutting down", but my computer dosen't shut down even after 30 min. I have ran both virus and spyware scans but nothing showed up. If any one knows of a solution to this problem please help.

Operating system : XP

Mr47

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
go start right on my computer and open it .....on c drive right click and click on properties select tools then click on check now make sure both boxes are checked then click start

if a black pop appears dont be alarmed you should see a flashing white bar ..type the letter y for yes hit enter reboot

let this proccess go through 5 stages

Mr47

Mr47

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

let this proccess go through 5 stages

Soory if I'm being a noob what what do u mean by that. Do you mean do that 5 times.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
no it will do stage 1 then stage 2 then stage 3 then stage 4 then stage 5

it will do repairs to windows it takes about an hour for the whole process to do

if any errors your gonna get a report if theres none any errors were repaired

Edited by rushin1nd, 09 October 2006 - 10:22 PM.

Mr47

Mr47

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Thanks fro the help Rushin1nd.