Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot start computer... somehow deleted WININET.dll

• Please log in to reply

gone4ever1

gone4ever1

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok. So I have this malaware thing going on and i was in safemode. I downloaded the Smithfraud.C remover as advertised in the malaware section of this website. In doing so, I opened up all the applications and when it came to the WININET.dll, i closed the command prompt before pressing any buttons. Plz help me. I can't get pass the message saying ...cannot find WININET.dll... please reinstall it or something after the login menu. I cannot do anything on my computer. I know I do f8 with the winxp pro cd in it and go to recovery console. What do I type to reinstall that certain file?

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
try to do system restore to a time your compter was working good

Edited by rushin1nd, 10 October 2006 - 12:25 AM.

gone4ever1

gone4ever1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
actually i fixed it... i did Ctrl Alt Delete... File>>New Task>>> then looked for that program that uninstalls wininet.dll and did it so everything works fine now.

Hero_98118

Hero_98118

• Pip
  • 1 posts
What was the uninstalling program called?