Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Word

• Please log in to reply

Karen50

Karen50

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
A problem i am having is that my documents (.ppt .doc) turn into read only document by-themselves. If i just finishing working or opening a document, (sometimes it will and won't) it will prompt me that the document is READ-ONLY.

I went on other forums and it said to right click on the document and go to properties and uncheck the Read_Only box, but it is never check off.

Bottom line is, if i just finished working on the document and close it...next time I open, it turns into a read only doc, leaving me to save as different names numerous times and filling up my desktop space with copies. (i can't erase the originals either until i reboot)

HERE IS what the PPT says when opened:

C:Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Higer Web\powerpoint\01.ppt is being modified by JB. Do you want to open a read-only copy?

It never used to do this but just lately it does alot and has turn time consumng

Thank You

Advertisements

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
start off a word doc

go to tools

options

security tab

make sure the read only recommended box is unticked

still looking at ppt

Karen50

Karen50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
it is unticked when i went to it...but it turns into read only sometimes.

When i open a word file.