Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suspecting some one spying on me

• Please log in to reply

Karen50

Karen50

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
IS is possible for some to look through your files and folders if they have your IP address and Router address. My best friends used to live with me and I am suspect that somebody is going on to my network and looking through my computer files and personal information

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
There is always that possibility, but they would have to be pretty good at cracking to be able to do that. I think it is a remote possibility but I dont know much about the user or the system.

wf4

wf4

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi there,
also not knowing the persons capability it is hard to answer your question.
What i would do is use and online service where your firewall is tested to see if all unauthorised incoming traffic and requests are ignored. I use "Shields Up", a free service you can find at www.grc.com.
Providing you have a firewall and it is upto date, you should be ok and if there is a problem, doing the above will let you know.

If you dont have a firewall, Zone Alarm provide a free firewall. Just google it!
Also, the majority of routers have a built in firewall, some basic but it helps.

I hope this helps!

Karen50

Karen50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
thanks guys I will try that last option. He is pretty good, but I just thought i was vunerable because of the information he retained from being on the same network and house

whalermatt

whalermatt

• Pip
  • 3 posts
you can just change your router ip,username,passwords
just a shot
good luck -n-get-em