Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stop Error Message, and IGFPERS.exe not responding

• Please log in to reply

crispy

crispy

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
There are a couple of things happening to my computer on shutdown that I think might be related. I have a Dell PC and I'm running Windows XP Pro. Lately, when i try to shut down, I receive one or more of these errors (this is intermittent, not all the time, actually maybe once a week or less). Either I get an igfpers.exe not responding error, and the computer will not shut down until I shut down igfpers.exe, or I get the 'blue screen of death' with the following windows stop error codes (0x0000007E (0xc0000005, ox00000000, 0xf8a3ba84, oxf8a3b780). In addition, every time I shut down, I get an error that my Kodak Easy Share software needs to be shut down. So, I think that there is a problem with Kodak, some intel video card, or something else. But the real question is, "WHAT DO I DO TO MAKE IT STOP". I have reinstalled my Intel Graphics drivers, but that didn't seem to help. Is there a conflict somewhere, and if so, how the heck do I know/find out?

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
heres a couple of fixes you can try hopefully that takes care of your problem

http://www.softwarep...-error-aec.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
im thinking that you type this wrong one but make sure of the spelling

your error igfpers.exe, couldnt find it but i found this

igfxpers.exe

http://www.file.net/...fxpers.exe.html

if it is MALWARE related then go to MALWARE FORUM

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
In my signature is a link to code stuff starter
Download this and unzip it.
Start the program and under the startup tab go to regisitry>allusers
untick igfxpers.exe it will ask do you want to disable click ok
close the program and reboot. then try a shutdown after the reboot

crispy

crispy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
First of all, yes, you're correct. The error is igfxpers.exe. Sorry about that.

I ran the first fix, from softwarepatch.com. The, I ran the code stuff starter, and followed the directions from peterm. Unfortunately, I can't tell if the problem is solved yet, because, as I said, it is intermittent.

Is there anyway you can tell me what exactly caused this, or what the problem actually is?

I'll keep in touch over the next day or two and let you know if this has been fixed.

Thank you.