Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

folders keeps crashing

• Please log in to reply

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
whenever i open up my e drive (filled with anime), or my msn recived files, (just those 2 only, everything is fine ) it always crashes. and gives me some windows explorer error.

whats happening? virus?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi silencer.dot!

I am figuring that the folders in question are filled with .avi files. Am I correct in this assumption?

Fenor

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Hi silencer.dot!

I am figuring that the folders in question are filled with .avi files. Am I correct in this assumption?

Fenor

right - o

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Windows XP Explorer has a 'feature' to provide a preview in the Details box on the left of the file you have selected, if it’s supported. Image files, HTML pages, video clips, MP3s, etc are all previewed (even with the folder view open).

If you have a large movie clip and it either is corrupt (ie. no index from a partial download) or it uses an unsupported codec, then Explorer tries to load the whole file. This can slow your computer a lot and prevent deleting/renaming/moving/etc the file until it’s finished.

Simply do the following:
  • Go to START-->RUN and type regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll and hit ENTER.
  • A window will pop up saying that the file has been unregistered successfully. (If you don't receive this window, or the window gives an error, then please post that in your reply.)
  • Reboot your computer and see if the problem persists.
Fenor

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
i think it working. i didnt got that error after a couple of seconds.

thanks fenor ^^

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Glad that fixed it! :whistling:

Fenor