Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lz3nfo.dll

• Please log in to reply

Jason R.V.

Jason R.V.

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
When opening Internet Explorer on the Windows XP Media Center Edition PC at my mother's, a Norton Antivirus window pops up, detecting a downloader in the system32 folder by the name of lz3nfo.dll ... I tried searching for the file on all kinds of search engines including Google, Mamma, Dogpile, etc. but to no avail. Does anybody know what this file is, and if so how to remove/repair it? Thanks in advance.

- Jason

P.S. I'm on my home PC, and I found this problem while visiting my mother over the weekend. I'll try to get a screencap of the window that pops up next time I talk to my mother or sister.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I posted this in the wrong board, can somebody please move this to the Malware Removal board? Thank you.

Edited by Jason R.V., 10 October 2006 - 11:39 AM.

Advertisements