Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Our computer seem to have affected with bloodhound w32 ep virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Sathish123

Sathish123

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Our computer is having Nortion Antivirus 2003 and it showed the alert as 'computer infected' yesterday. So I ran complete scan to detect if there is any virus and the norton antivirus detected that our computer is having bloodhound.w32.ep virus and showed wininnet dll is infected so I deleted the wininnet.dll and replaced with another copy. Further Norton AV 2003 is not able to repair the files and hence it asked to quarantine files like 5.dlb, vx3.game, zgame3[1].exe (Nortion AV 2003 indicates that these files have been infected with Bloodhound.W32.EP).
Norton Av 2003 backed up the following items
- TFTP3568
- TFTP2720
- jar.jar-3f4a9a6a-28fcd413.zip (Nortion AV 2003 indicates that these files have been infected with Trojan.ByteVerify)
- MSBLAST.EXE (Nortion AV 2003 indicates that this file is infected with W32.Blaster.Worm)
- details.pif ((Nortion AV 2003 indicates that this file is infected with W32.Sobig.E@mm)

Our computer is having both Windows 98 and Windows XP. Eventhough, the Norton AV 2003 is showing information alert 'computer as infected' when I log in both Windows 98 and XP, there seem to be visible
problem in Windows 98 only. Windows XP doesn't seem to have any visible problem till now. Anyway, I ran
Norton AV 2003 computer scan in both Windows 98 and XP.
Problem in Windows 98:
During the time of logging in Windows 98, there seem to be lot of unecessary program running. I have to kill some program like 'kernel' before I can succesfully see the desktop in

Windows 98.
Moreover In Windows 98, we are not able to connect to internet through internet explorer browser. The IE page hangs as soon as the internet is connected.

Please help us in cleaning our computer as we are new to this process. We would appreciate any and all help. Thank you very much.

Advertisements

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Please do not multipost. Duplicate of this post: http://www.geekstogo...s...st&p=806916

Now closed.