Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Postmortem debugger [Resolved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi Celes

Congratulations! Your system is CLEAN :tazz:

Download the Microsoft Antispyware

Download the CCleaner unzip the file to install.
Open CCleaner.
Place a check by everything in the Applications tab.
Place a check by Internet Explorer, Windows explorer, and System in the Windows tab.
Run the ccleaner

Clean out all temp files in Mozilla, Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer: Tools/ Internet Options/ General/ Temporary internet files/ Delete Files (NOTE, that this may take very long!). You can also set the memory limit to about 80 MB at the Settings.

Mozilla: Edit/ Options/ Extended/ Cache/ Clear Cache

Turn of system restore
Disabling or enabling Windows XP System Restore

Turn system restore back on and create a new restore point. Defrag your hard drive

How do you prevent spyware from being installed again? We strongly recommend installing SpywareBlaster (it's free for personal use). Click Here
Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests.
Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer.
Consumes no system resources.

Download, run, check for updates, download updates, select all, protect against checked. All done. Check for updates every couple of weeks. If you have any errors running the program like a missing file see the link at the bottom of the javacool page.

It's also very important to keep your system up to date to avoid unnecessary security risks. Click Here http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ to make sure that you have the latest patches for Windows.

These next two steps are optional, but will provide the greatest protection.
1. Use ANY browser besides Internet Explorer, almost every exploit is crafted to take advantage of an IE weakness. We usually recommend FireFox user posted image.
2. Install Sun's Java. It's much more secure than Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine .

After doing all these, your system will be thoroughly protected from future threats. ;)

Kc ;)

Advertisements

Celes

Celes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks so much for the help. I use Mozilla FireFox actually, so no problem there. Only thing that kind of irks me is I had to redownload it after running CCleaner because it made my webpages look ODD after running it. but it's all good. all for the sake of security eh?

Still have the problem with all my windows closing when I open certain files. Postmortem isn't bothering me anymore, and I can move the file in question and open it fine when I copy it to the desktop, so now worries there. I'm just glad my system's clean.

Anyways, I really have no room to complain. I can't thank you enough. You're really professional and that's cool. Anyways I'll shut up now about how much I appreciate the help ^^ please keep up the good work :tazz:
~Cel

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi Celes

Your are welcome

Have a nice day

Kc :tazz: