Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Add link to multiple html files

• Please log in to reply

guitwiz

guitwiz

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I would like to process multiple html files at once.
What I need to do is add the same image with same hyperlink in the same spot on each html page. I have seen data parsing software that will change a file- so you enter the info to be changed and it changes it to new information for you. But I have no information to input for what needs to change- only info to add.

There is a table at the top of each html page with two hyperlinked images. I need to insert my same hyperlinked image in between the two images already there- so the final result is a three column table with my linked image in the middle of the two that were originally in the html file.

Anyone know a way to do this in one process?

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Your going to need something like php if you want to include the same content in every page.

Copy the segment of code that you want in ever page and put it in another file say foo.php

Then were you want that code to appear put <?php include("foo.php") ?>

You will need you pages phased as php, to do this add
AddType 'application/x-httpd-php; charset=ISO-8859-1' html xhtml
to your .htaccess.

If you don't know how to use the .htaccess Google it.

Hope that helps.