Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Think I killed the Malware.... but...

• Please log in to reply

Dark_Saga

Dark_Saga

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, my first post =)

Well, I got infected yesterday with the Trojan.Zlob thing, that downloaded the Issearch.exe thingie into my computer.... (geez... I only dropped the software firewall for 30 secs, and so much for the hardware firewall).

Anyway.. I ran Ad-Aware, Norton... deleted some files manually while in safe mode.. and all seems to be working now..... will run other tools suggested in this site just to be extra sure.

But, when I open Internet Explorer... I still get the obnoxious page www.issecurity.net... or something.. which of course is a fake thing.

Any idea how can I remove that page from autoloading everytime I open IE?

Thanks!

Advertisements

Noviciate

Noviciate

Confused Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,567 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and reply here with your log.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

Dark_Saga

Dark_Saga

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, problem solved.

Tried 2 tools from that topic.

-Spybot S&D (Which actually found more stuff than Ad-aware)
-The Fix for SmitFraud

And the pesky page is gone.... muahaha =)