Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP running real slow and locking up

• Please log in to reply

TreborR

TreborR

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Greetings.
I hope I have the right area for this topic. I posted about a week ago and still need guidance.
My in-laws PC is running real slow, most programs will not work correctly.
I uninstalled AOL (Hate it) uninstalled/Reinstalled his anti virus. I ran Spybot, CWshredder, and the anti virus and it still runs real slow.
I went to PC magazine and did a few of the online scans for memory damage or hardware problems. I had the task manager running to watch the processing and during time of freezing or no response there is not CPU activity and nothing is running. I installed the cd for a repair and it will not run, saying the XP version installed is up to date. Can anyone help?
Thanks

Advertisements

crash override

crash override

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I would get a copy of HijackThis and post a log in the Malware Removal Forum. The guru's there should have you going faster in no time.