Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

multimedia audio controller

• Please log in to reply

cpestelle

cpestelle

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey,

Recently i wiped my hardrive and reinstalled windows, i thought everything was fine however now i have no sound.
I checked in device manager and "multimedia audio controller" has a yellow question mark before it. Found new hardware wizard searched for drivers for it, yet it found none.

Can anyone help me?

Thankyou

Advertisements

Atribune

Atribune

HijackThis Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 956 posts
  • MVP
Are you using onboard sound or do you have a soundcard?

If it is onboard sound which motherboard is in your computer?
If you have a soundcard, which soundcard is it?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello cpestelle and welcome to Lockergnome!

Your sound card requires drivers to enable Windows to be able to use it. You can get the drivers from your computer manufacturers website.

cpestelle

cpestelle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Im using a onboard sound card and i believe the motherboard is a SiS however i do not know which model, so i do not know which drivers to download.
Thankyou

*EDIT* SiS 7012 Audio Device PCI
i used the prgoram AIDA 32 and it tells me this is my onbard sound card, so i googled the drivers, and downloaded them, however they do not install, is there any reason why that might be?

Edited by cpestelle, 12 October 2006 - 10:40 AM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Go to the SIS download site > click your version of Windows > click audio driver > click SIS 7012 > click go > click download now > read the agreement > tick the I accept box > choose your location > click download now > click download now > it will ask you to install their software click no and you should be directed to the download page > click the download now button > save it to drive C > open the zip file and run setup.exe to install the drivers.

cpestelle

cpestelle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I followed your instructions exactly however the drivers failed to install. While trying to install them i received these messages error1.JPG error2.JPG

is there any reason why this might be?

Edited by cpestelle, 13 October 2006 - 10:04 AM.