Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motherboard Compatibility, NEED URGENT HELP

• Please log in to reply

james232

james232

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, is this motherboard:

http://www.eclipseco...e=MBA-775D915GV

compatible with this pc's parts:

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B000AW7W6S

The main things that i am worried about when i looked at the compatibility of this board are the PSU, and the Form Factor. My form factor just says desktop unit/micro tower. The main reason i am upgrading is for a PCI-E slot, and the SATA and DDR2 are great extras. I tried to measure my motherboard dimensions but as i couldn't get in enough, i estimated the dimensions are around 9.75"x9.75".

Also does anyone know of anywhere where i can get it cheaper than eclipse computers?

Thanks,
james

Edited by james232, 11 October 2006 - 03:06 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
From the looks of the Mb and the computer the Mb will fit the case. It seems that the Asrock MB is european market only as i cannot find that MB at USA suppliers. Micro ATX motherboards usually do fit in mATX cases. By the way Asrock is a subsidiary of the ASUS motherboard manufacturer. It is their budget priced boards that ASUS does not want to sell as ASUS MB's.

Perhaps a british tech here could know more about this. Warriorscot!

SRX660

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Um, the Amazon link is a full blown computer. Why do you want to change the board in it before you even buy it? Bear in mind the warranty listed on the site only applies if you don't change anything in it, so putting the Asrock board in renders the warranty invalid as it isn't the same computer.

Edited by Neil Jones, 12 October 2006 - 01:38 PM.