Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Alemod.dll

• Please log in to reply

Moreno_IV

Moreno_IV

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys,

I just wanna say first off (not a butt-kissing thing) that you guys are really cool for having this forum just to help people with computer problems. Anyway, here's my problem:

I had been using my computer with no problems, but downloaded something that caused my McAfee to stop scanning for viruses. I couldn't turn the automatic virus protection back on at all, so I went to uninstall McAfee and reinstall it. When I did that, my computer went haywire and stopped booting up. It will display the background picture in Windows, but no icons or anything. I can get to the Task Manager, but that's it.

I tried to boot in safe mode and use the %sytemroot% code stuff, but I think that I did something wrong because I believe that I deleted the wininett.dll file. I don't know what to do. I would just buy a new hard drive , but I really want all my pictures and music.

I know that I have the Alemod virus because I did get McAfee to scan a couple of times and it found that virus, but it said that it couldn't clean, delete or quarantine it. Right now I am using my work computer to communicate, so I may not be very quick on my replies.

Please help me if you can!!

Thanks,
Stephen

Edited by Moreno_IV, 12 October 2006 - 09:53 AM.

Advertisements