Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for links about heatsink temp and like

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Hi, once in a while I group my links into a their subjects, think everyone does, has anyone got general links of cpu's, heatsinks, etc., let's say motherboard'ish ones then

examiple:
http://www.heatsink-...t=maxtemp.shtml

Edited by fleamailman, 11 October 2006 - 07:18 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I find that tom's hardware has very good comparison reviews on heatsinks and many other stuff.

http://www.tomshardw...;btnG=TG Search

Directron also has some good tutorials.

http://www.directron...wtochoosco.html

SRX660

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
thanks, added, happy

no, edit that, make it very happy, joined

Edited by fleamailman, 14 October 2006 - 04:45 PM.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

At this point the Pentium III is starting to dissappear though, we recommend going with the newer Pentium 4 Socket 478.

:whistling:

Edited by sarahw, 14 October 2006 - 05:19 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
um make that dissappeared and so long P4, think that source might be a little bit dated :whistling:
James

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Well, exqueeze me! And to think someone might learn from old tutorials what might work in these old computers everyone is giving away now practically free. AH, the poor linux newbie who has a old computer but has to install windows and "woe is him that can't run windows XP".

I do hope you get my drift.

Not everyone needs the newest and fastest computer. I am still running a slot 1 pentium 450 linux computer complete with nvidia rivaTNT2 and creative sound blaster ct sound card. I get online with firefox, email, play with pictures in 'gimp" and am learning things i could never learn with windows. Seems to work very well for me.

One last thing! Did anyone here even know Directron had these tutorials except me?

SRX660

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
SRX660, thanks for the links, I agree with you, besides, the right direction is still better than none.