Here is a link to the Apple.com site that I finally got my answer (http://discussions.a...3335536#3335536
) and the test of that message fom PrimusBodacious. Make sure you follow it step by step. When you fix the REGEDIT for the first item, it will expand to show sub folders that include CLSID. At first I didn't wait for this step and found a CLSID folder on its own. I modified that key and Windows gave me an error that my version of Windows was counterfeit. Make sure you make a copy of your registry before messing with it. The Recall program saved me after this error. Good luck.
I would like to thank all the posters who replied. Everyone added important information to help figure this out.
Here's what I did, step by step.
1) Click Start, then Run, then type regedit and press OK.
2) Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE, then Classes. Scroll down to QuickTimePlayerLib.QuickTimePlayerApp (or whatever key that you're getting an Access Denied error)
3) Right click on it (you might have to do it twice).
4) Select Permissions after ignoring any messages telling you that you don't have access
5) Once inside Permissions, click Advanced, then Owner, then click on your account, then press Apply, then OK
6) Next click Add, then Advanced, then Find Now
7) Hold down the CTRL key and click on Administrators, your own account, and SYSTEM
8) Click on Administrators, then click the Full Control checkbox. The "Read" checkbox will automatically get checked, then press Apply
9) Do this for each account. Hopefully once you do it for Administrators the others will already have Full Control checked and "Apply" will be greyed out. Press OK when you're done.
10) Next click on CLSID back in the registry editor and repeat steps 3 through 9.
11) Try installing Quicktime again and when you get another Access Denied error, note the registry key and go back and repeat steps 2 through 9 for that key.
12) Keeping trying to install Quicktime until you've resolved all the permissions for all the keys that this pathetic setup script requires
13) Eventually it will install successfully.