Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application fails to start because d3dx9_27.dll was not found?

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Hey everybody!

I just installed a game called "Hitman Blood Money" & everytime I run the game, I receive the following error:

HitmanBloodMoney.exe - Unable to Locate Component

This application has failed to start because d3dx9_27.dll was not found. Re-Installing the application may fix this problem

I've re-installed and still no change.

Can anyone help me please? I want to play this so badly. This has nothing to do with graphics, that's why I didn't post this in the game section. I figure .dll things have to do with windows... I dunno. Please help. I did find this thread while doing an extensive search online: (but I dunno if this is true or not, and if it will harm my pc if I do anything on there).

http://www.gamespot....id=m-1-30809887

By the way I do have direct x 9.0c installed already.

Edited by superstar, 11 October 2006 - 09:53 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://www.dll-files....shtml?d3dx9_27

is this what you tried or just reinstalling the game if not click the link above and install d3dx9_27.dll

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Wow yes!!! How did you know that is what i tried to download? I didn't go ahead with it for fear that I could ruin my system. Thank you for the quick response rushin1nd.

So what do you think i should go ahead with that?

And yes I did install the game the first time and got that error, uninstalled and re-installed the game again and got the error all over again when I tried to launch the game. so no I never downloaded that file and installed it.

Edited by superstar, 11 October 2006 - 09:57 PM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
yes go ahead win some points for the geeks to go team

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Will do sargent! I'll reply as soon as I'm back from my pc warzone!