Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HARD DRIVE PROBLEM

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

fastdudez28

fastdudez28

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
hello i bought a new HP computer (model a1483w) in september and 4 days ago i was just surfing the web and it locked up i restarted the computer and it goes in the the menu for boot narmaly or safe mode i hit enter for normal and it locks up. and when i restart and even when i hit the arrow key to go up it locks up. i called HP and they told me when talking to them to go into the bios and do the smart seft check and it failed the test so those asians sent me a new hard drive. is there any way for me to get the data off the old drive b4 i send it back to hp and try putting it in there as a slave and boot in to windows with the new HD and i go to my computer and the drive is there i click on it it say it is not formatted so i download easy file recovery and it gets all my data off the drive but every single file i got off the bad drive dont work liek the music wont work or the pictures or other files it all says it invaid is there any way for me to get these reovered files to work or get the working files off the drive also here is the model of the bad hard drive if that helps Seagate barracuda 250GB ST3250824AS

PS stuff i already tried and no luck
<li>jumping it as a slave
<li>easy file rocovery pro(ontrack) was able to get all my files but none of the files work
<li>treid putting the hard drive in the freezer(heard a myth that this worked for some poeple)

thank you for your time

Advertisements

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Duplicate thread, Closed.