Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CRC

• Please log in to reply

alphanumeric

alphanumeric

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I cant seem to delete one folder with some files in it. I already ran uninstall on the program but still some files are left which when i delete displays the CRC message. Any ideas on how to get rid of those files? Thanks for any help in advance. I appreciate it.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi Alphanumeric
I would try to delete the files from wihin the folder then delete the folder.
I would do this via the command prompt.
Do you know how to do this or do you need help ?
Cheers
Peterm

alphanumeric

alphanumeric

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I would appreciate if you provide some instructions how to do it? I am a bit literate in the command prompt but I'm really not sure on what to do. Thanks in advance.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Ok 1st thing we need to do is find out where the folder is living.
If you have a shortcut to this on your desktop then click once on the folder to highlight it. Then right click go to properties. Click on shortcut tab this will show where the folder is located next to start in.
You then go to the command prompt and change to the directory. Example when you open the command it will look something like c:\documents and settings\admin>(or your username) we then have to navagate to the folder. Example at the c:\documents and settings\admin>type in the path that you found in the short cut tab
Example c:\documents and settings\admin>cd\program files\nero\ahead enter this should take us to our folder with the prompt c:\program files\nero\ahead> at this point typein dir enter
this should list all the files and bring you back to the prompt if these are the files you want to get rid of then at the prompt >del *.* enter this should delete all the files in that folder. When you are back at the prompt type in cd .. enter this will take you up one folder our example would look like this cd\program files\nero\ahead>cd ..
cd\program files\nero>rmdir ahead enter this should remove the directory
I know this is a lot to absorb so if you need help getting through it let me know.
Have a look at my Rule 1
Cheers
Peterm

alphanumeric

alphanumeric

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I followed and tried your steps. here is what I got..

Posted Image

Thanks for your reply, hope you can suggest an alternative.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
ok then can you download code stuff starter from my signature
And lets see if this game loads any files on startup.
It is a pretty easy program to use if you need help with it let me know

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
This article says run chkdsk
Chkdsk
This explains it
Explain
How to use chsdsk
Use the F switch

Edited by peterm, 14 October 2006 - 12:44 AM.