Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I E short cut

• Please log in to reply

darkgohan

darkgohan

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
WXP Pro SP2 I want to put my desktop I E shortcut into the taskbar at the bottom of my P C screen,and need someone to tell me how to do this Thank You :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do you mean the quick launch next to the start menu?

first.. right click the task bar (the blue bar at the bottom) and choose properties, then tick the box next to "show quicklaunch", then press apply and ok....I.E. should already have a shortcut there...if there's anything else you want to add to the quicklaunch, just drag it's icon down to that area of the taskbar and drop it

darkgohan

darkgohan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Well that did not work,but all of a sudden my task bar is now at the top of the screen,I goofed somewhere. Please start over here and help me get the bar to the bottom again. My I E shortcut is still only on the main screen,as before.Tried dragging it to the taskbar to the right of where it says START. Thank You :whistling:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
put cursor over top of task bar when you see up and down arrows right click and drag it back to the bottom of screen
then right click taskbar ant on properties then on the task bar tab check show quick launch...click ok you should see some icons there put cursor over until left and right arrows show then drag it you will see I.E icon

Edited by rushin1nd, 12 October 2006 - 03:58 PM.

darkgohan

darkgohan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Only brings the task bar half way down,then stops

darkgohan

darkgohan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Played with it,and it split up into two parts of the same bar,its now ok,but no idea how this repaired itself?? Thanks for the advice

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
well your gonna have to gets some finese on this one

1--DRAG IT TILL ITS HALFWAY DOWN

2--GO TO ONE CORNER WITH THE CURSOR

3--ON THE CORNER OF TASK BAR RIGHT CLICK AND HOLD
....MAKE AN INVISIBLE COMPLETE SQUARE FROM LOWER CORNER TO UPPER CORNER
....YOUR ACTUALLY GOING ACROSS YOUR SCREEN....JUST LIKE YOUR HIGHLIGHT A WHOLE PAGE BUT ONLY ITS BEING DONE TO TASK BAR
YOU WILL SEE INVISIBLE LINE IT WILL SHOW IN DOTS

4--ANYWHERE INSIDE TASK BAR RIGHT CLICK YOU SHOULD SEE CURSOR CHANGE TO 4 ARROWS ALL GOING IN EACH DIRECTIONS HOLD IT THERE DRAG IVISIBLE SQUARE TO THE BOTTOM OF SCREEN
YOUR TASK BAR WILL MOVE THERE

5--GO TO THE EDGE AND DRAG IT BACK DOWN TO ITS NORMAL SIZE

6--RIGHT CLICK ON TASK BAR GO UP TO TOOLS AND SELECT QUICK LAUNCH

7--RIGHT CLICK ON TASK BAR SELECT LOCK TASKBAR.........IF YOU DONT SUCCED THE FIRST TIME JUST KEEP TRYING IT WILL GET THERE>>>>>HAVE FUN

Edited by rushin1nd, 12 October 2006 - 04:59 PM.

darkgohan

darkgohan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Got it thank you,but holly s--t,this sure aint simple stuff,more like hit and miss,not sure what actually worked.Had fun though.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
yea hit and miss but once you get the hang of its simple you dont need too make it so wide
you can even plac it vertical on either side of desk top so next time just highlight it and click where you want glad to help