Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office Outlook

• Please log in to reply

mike14

mike14

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I need some info on MS Office outlook.

I have tried to send an email out that was rather large (81mb), now it is stuck in my outbox and has stalled my outlook. I have tried to delete it, but it says it's transmitting. How can I get this deleted so my outlook will function.

Thanks,
Mike

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi Mike14
1st way - sounds dumb but it does work. close outlook then restart. as quick as you can(you have to be quick) go straight to the outbox and highlight the message then delete it. you have to do this before your outlook hooks to your
mapi.

Edited by peterm, 13 October 2006 - 06:30 PM.

mike14

mike14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Thanks, You're first suggestion worked like a charm.

Mike :whistling:

crash override

crash override

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
BTW .dbx files are used in Outlook Express, not regular Outlook.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
yeah I know I did not read fully :blink: - Thats what happens at 1.30am :whistling:

crash override

crash override

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

yeah I know I did not read fully :help: - Thats what happens at 1.30am :blink:

:whistling: Didn't want Mike to go crazy looking for a file that didn't exist, but he got it before I could respond.