Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer.exe language

• Please log in to reply

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
I have two machines, my main one an xp home sp2 spanish. my other one, a notebook xp pro sp2. What i am doing right now and i am almost finished is copying the contents of the file explorer.exe in my notebook machine to the explorer.exe in my spanish computer using reshacker, leaving the part of the top were it says

STRINGTABLE
LANGUAGE LANG_SPANISH, 0x3
i leave that alone then i change this:

{
300, "Abre la carpeta Mis documentos en la que puede almacenar cartas, informes, notas y otro tipo de documentos."
301, "Muestra documentos y carpetas abiertas recientemente."
302, "Abre la carpeta Mi música en la que puede almacenar música y otros archivos de audio."
303, "Abre la carpeta Mis imágenes en la que puede almacenar fotos digitales, imágenes y archivos de gráficos."
}
to this:

{
300, "Opens the My Documents folder, where you can store letters, reports, notes, and other kinds of documents."
301, "Displays recently opened documents and folders."
302, "Opens the My Music folder, where you can store music and other audio files."
303, "Opens the My Pictures folder, where you can store digital photos, images, and graphics files."
}

Will this affect the perfrormance of my computer or crash it or is it ok and there should be no problem? I'm just changing the string table, nothing else.

-OCM770-

Advertisements

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Looks fine to me, It shouldn't cause you any problems from my standpoint.

--bmwboy

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
so can i also change the dialog section and not cause a problem, i already finished all the string table section, or what CAN i change without causing a problem????

-OCM770-

Edited by -OCM770-, 12 October 2006 - 02:53 PM.