Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Live Messenger Problem

• Please log in to reply

skater1788

skater1788

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hi, im not sure if this is the right forum for this but im having a problem with signing into my windows live messenger. Well i click sign in like i normaly do but it never connects, its been saying "signing in" for almost an hour now, i dont get an error message at all either. Everything was working fine last night. I tried Repairing it, and re installing it but nothing at all works, help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Advertisements

Matt T

Matt T

• PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
Is the connection troubleshooter coming up? Do you run it?

Do you have a firewall? Have you configured it to allow MSN access?

~Matt :-)

skater1788

skater1788

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hi, i do not get a troubleshooter because i never get an error, it just keeps saying "signing in" and yes im using windows firewall. everything was working fine last night.

skater1788

skater1788

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Ok i just signed into windows web messenger while i was trying to sign into live, and i got a error message for live this time, error was "error code: 81000323"

now i get another error "Error code: 8100030d" and im sorry if im not explaining this very well.

Edited by skater1788, 12 October 2006 - 01:40 PM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
GIVE THIS A TRY

Error Code: 8100030d

follow these steps an make sure you read evry single bit of it to get it right! remember, all you have to do is contact

2. Follow the steps below for Windows Live Messenger
- Change Windows Explorer settings
a. Right-click "Start," and then click "Explore" to open Windows Explorer.
b. In the "Windows Explorer" window , click the "Tools" menu followed by "Folder Options." Click the "View" tab. In the Advanced settings list, check "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types" under "Hidden files and folders." Click "OK" to close the "Folder Options" window.
c. In the "Windows Explorer" window, click the "View" menu followed by "Explorer bar" and ensure that the "Folders" option is checked. This will ensure that you are able to see the folder list on the left side of the "Windows Explorer" window.

- Delete the Contacts Cache folder by following the steps below:
a. Right click Start, click Explore from the short-cut menu to open the Windows Explorer window.
b. In the Windows Explorer window, go to the Folder list on the left pane and navigate to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Windows logon name>\Contacts\<Your Windows Live Messenger email address>

Note Windows Logon name is the login name you use to sign into windows and "Your Windows Live Messenger email address" is the address that you use to sign into Windows Live Messenger.

c. Delete all the files that are in the Your Windows Live Messenger email address folder.
d. Right click "Start," Click "Explore" from the short-cut menu to open the Windows Explorer window.
e. In the "Windows Explorer" window, go to the Folder list on the left pane and navigate to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Windows logon name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\<Your Windows Live Messenger email address>

Note Windows Logon name is the login name you use to sign into windows and "Your Windows Live Messenger email address" is the address that you use to sign into Windows Live Messenger.

f. Delete the "real" and the "shadow" folders that are in the Windows Live Messenger email address folder.

3. Try to sign in to Windows Live Messenger again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. To configure Windows Live Messenger through the most common firewalls, visit http://spaces.msn.co...ssenger-support and look for steps under "How to enable Windows Live Messenger through a Firewall" on how to enable Windows Live Messenger through the most common firewalls. Click the appropriate link based on the firewall you have installed on your computer.

2. If you have any other firewall that is not listed, see the firewall manufacturer's documentation or contact your firewall manufacturer to configure Messenger. To find the MSN Messenger executable file, click "Start", Click "Run", type "%systemdrive%\program Files\MSN Messenger\MSNMSGR.exe", and then click "OK".

Edited by rushin1nd, 12 October 2006 - 01:57 PM.

skater1788

skater1788

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Ok, i did everything you said and nothings changed. Also when i typed in "%systemdrive%\program Files\MSN Messenger\MSNMSGR.exe" it said it could not be found.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://spaces.msn.co...ssenger-support

go there try firewall configuring

you should be able to find your firewall there to

skater1788

skater1788

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
It's already on the exceptions list

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
%systemdrive%\program Files\MSN Messenger\MSNMSGR.exe

no quotation marks

just copy and paste in run

skater1788

skater1788

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Worked that time, but live messenger still wont sign me in.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
go here look for your solution

http://forum.msgshit...ex.php/f36.html

skater1788

skater1788

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
ok ill try there, thanks.