Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question About My New PC's Graphics System

• Please log in to reply

Cabranth

Cabranth

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hello.

I just ordered a new PC. I'm wondering if the Integrated-Graphics on it is good enough to match the requirements for a game I will be getting soon.

The Graphics requirement for the game is: NVIDIA 5600 Ultra (or) ATI 9500 Pro, or better.

The Graphics system I will have is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950.

Thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
According to Intel's site, this integrated graphics solution is the bees knees.

In the real world, anything with the title "integrated graphics" in it is really not very good. Sometimes you can get away with it though.

What game were you planning to buy if I may ask please?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It might manage by the skin of its teeth, but maybe not while the GMA950 is the best intel have to offer its still not very good. It is DX9 though which is a plus also under high load it will cause a slow down in cpu performance.

Cabranth

Cabranth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hello.

Thanks for the replies.

Neil Jones, I know integrated is "lesser than", but this was what I could afford. It will take me a year to pay off my mom and the Bank, but maybe then I can look at buying a Graphics Card. The game I'm wanting to get is Neverwinter Nights 2. It's coming out about a week after I'm getting the PC.

warriorscot, if the graphics won't fail to run the game, then I'm not worried about the rest of the system. It's got a 3.0 dual core processor and 1024 RAM. That's WAY over the game's requirements for those two things. I'm just worried about the integrated graphics is all. I keep having to at least start out with that in my PC's because of financial restraints. I really went in the hole this time and I just want this PC to be usable for most everything till I can start saving for a Card and more RAM (knock on wood).

Thanks, guys.

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
neverwinter nights 2 is gonna be a huge huge challenge for GMA950. If you have 50$ you should be able to get a card that can run the game on low or medium settings with no problems. I have gma950 on my laptop, suprisingly it's not entirely bad, it can run vista aero without a hitch even on a 1.88ghz dual core.