Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet connection

• Please log in to reply

RyMaster17

RyMaster17

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
i just recently started having problems with this. some websites that i normally visit all of sudden are giving the an error message saying server not found. other sites work fine. i don't know the cause of this. anyone familiar with this or have any solutions. thanks.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. When did this start? Have you made any changes to your system recently?

RyMaster17

RyMaster17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
storm, thanks for your reply to my post. me being the impatient person that i am i could not wait any longer as this has been bothering me for the last 4 days. i searched the internet far and wide until i found the solution. to anyone else that is having this problem, i downloaded and ran winsockxpfix.exe. i guess it had something to with some of my registry entries that were corrupted. this seems to have fixed my problem. here is the download link if you're interested in checking it out. i'm happy again. thanks.

http://www.snapfiles...nsockxpfix.html

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Glad you fixed it. We'll see you around :whistling: