Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN request

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Student433

Student433

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, i require your helps please. Over msn ive recently being threatened by an anonymous source, who seems to know a little about me. Im suspicious that it might be my cousin on windows messenger. So. ihave my cousins msn and this 'threatener's', how do i cross check their IP's in order to check? Please help me, thank you.

PS, could be in the wrong section, sorry if so im knew

Edited by Student433, 12 October 2006 - 02:19 PM.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Do you have MSN software installed, or are you using the web interface?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
by its very nature, msn obscures the IP. I highly suggest that you follow the information on this page:

http://help.webtv.ne...ger/harass.html

If the threats are of a more serious nature then please tell your parents. If you are an adult please report this to your local police department.

Student433

Student433

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I consulted another website and found the information required. I believe the two IP's were identical, however im no expert. Thank you for your comments and help but i believe i have solved my problem.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Ok great :whistling: Come back and see us if you have any more questions :blink: