Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

something called ZANGDO is messing up my computer bigtime

• Please log in to reply

diane4m

diane4m

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I accidently downloaded something called Zangdo onto my computer. It is supposed to be a program that pays you for trying websites, programs, etc. It puts something called the Zangdo Buddy on your computer. The download cut out before I could enter any info as instructed but not before it put something on my system.
Next thing I know, I am getting dozens of website addresses running accross my task bar everytime I bring up a site or try to change pages on a site. Additionally, the sites I try to view get changed to other websites every 3 or 4 minutes. This is driving my crazy and slowing me down to a crawl.
I tried going on the Zangdo site but since I never got to enter a user name or password (I have since found out this happened to others too) I cannot get in. All the contact addys and phone numbers supplied by the home page are phony, so no luck there
I tried to remove it with add/remove but it didn't help. I ran ccleaner and spybot with no luck.
I am at my wits end. Please help!

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.
If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware staff, please return to this thread.

-Ryan

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
According to McAfee SiteAdvisor:

zangdo.com
Red Verdict Image

When we tested this site we found links to entwined.com, which we found to be a distributor of downloads some people consider adware, spyware or other unwanted programs.

diane4m

diane4m

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I know about the entwined connection. It is their phone # and addys that are phony.
I am going to try your malware section.