Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP System Recovery problem

• Please log in to reply

gnowk

gnowk

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Recently I bought a brand new HP desktop and I did all the setup by myself just to save $200 from the computer shop. Anyways, at first the setup was done correctly, everything was working fine. However, for some reason I had to switch to another internet service provider. So after that I had trouble connecting to the internet, I was 100% sure it wasn't the problem from the modem or the provider. It was some settings in my computer, I tried everything I could but still I couldn't get the problem fixed. So I ran the HP System Recovery which the Recovery File was already done before I purchase the system. This recovery file is stored in "D" Drive by itself. So, I pressed F10 in the startup screen to start the HP RECOVERY, then a HP screen comes up and I followed the procedures.. and the recovery was sucessful.. After restart, I did the same windows setup.. when the setup was completed, I connected to the internet with no problem. So I installed antivirus, spy sweeper and partition magic. I added a new partition to my computer for stuff I download, everything was working perfectly. But sadly, after I finished most of the setup I think I accidently open a strange file that I downloaded and it freezed my computer.. and it freezes everytime I shutdown and restart. I ran all kinds of scan I know, and couldn't fix the problem. So I decided to try to run the HP system recovery one more time, but this time in the startup screen when I press F10, nothing comes up, no HP screen no nothing, and it just skip and start Windows XP. I didn't know what to do so I uninstalled all the programs I installed, and the freezing is gone, but I still can't run the HP System Recovery. I want to be able to use this function again in the future. I know i'm writing too long and I hope some of you can help me out.. By the way, the OS I'm using is Windows XP Media Center 2005.

Your help is greatly appreicated!!!

Advertisements