Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A home page

• Please log in to reply

sam62

sam62

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi guys, i run a football league on a game called xpert 11, well i have tired setting up a home page to put the results and fixtures and such like on. Well my problem is that when i try to paste on the website [freewebs ] instead of a fixture list i just get one long paragraph, i have put it on windows notebook same results. So i typed it all on [ took bloody ages ] , but i when i clicked done i had numbers on both sides of my team names?. Do i need to find a new website or is there a way i can do it where i am now?. Sorry to most of you this must sound like schoolboy stuff , but i'm not all that clued up on the ways of the PC , still finding my feet, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you :whistling:

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
You need to post a link to an example of this...

I can't make heads nor tails of what you are asking...

~Ron~

~Ron~

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
If I understand you correctly, you are adding text to a page and you want it to be in a list format or something like that? If so you will need to use HTML language to get it to show the listing format or any other format (like Bold, Underline, Paragraphs, etc.) other than straight text.
Most FreeWeb sites have a Web Buider built in that you have to use in order to get the formating you want. Like "thenotch" said, if you have a link, perhaps we can help you better.

Ron

I Cant Sing

I Cant Sing

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
What program are you using for web design? Is it domesticated (software that is on your computer) or online (editing a website like on Bravenet or some other host)? Please explain.

Edited by I Cant Sing, 16 October 2006 - 12:26 PM.

sam62

sam62

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
http://classicteams.bravehost.com, thats the link, hope you can help, say i cant use java script?, thank you lads

Edited by sam62, 16 October 2006 - 02:04 PM.