Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windoes media player 11 Beta problem

• Please log in to reply

Andybikecrazy

Andybikecrazy

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I have windows media player 11 beta build 11.0.5795.5043. I am running XP home. Just the other day I opened wmp and there was nothing in my library. I tried adding my music files back to my library by manually selecting a folder to add files. Nothing was added when I did that. I have tried it several time and I still cannot get anything to appear. If I click on a file wmp will play it, so it is working in that sense. Also sometimes wmp locks up like it never did before.

I have scanned my pc for viruses and it is clean.

I tried uninstalling wmp11, and it gave me a message the rollback was complete, but wmp11 is still there.
I also tried reinstalling wmp11 and I still can't add any files to my library.

I just can't figure out what is going on. Is it a conflict with some other software? Or is a bug in wmp11?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Try uninstalling via add-remove programs it should be there as an update i think then reinstall WMP10 then 11, or just get another media player there are lots of better ones than WMP10 and a few better than 11.

Andybikecrazy

Andybikecrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I did try uninstalling it from add or remove programs. It said rollback complete but it didn't do anything. wmp11 was is still installed and it still shows up in add/remove programs.

what media player do you suggest? I like wmp11 alot and would like to get it working. I have tried winamp and don't like that.