Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

new build

• Please log in to reply

dospoy

dospoy

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Which is better as of right now? sli or crossfire? Will everything change after dx10 is released? and are they both compatible with most games?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I would go with crossfire but not for another 6 months or so until the new version is released because it will allow more flexibilty as to what cards you can use and all retasking of one card to physics.

Neither though is particularly advisable unless you are a high resolution monitor user(i mean really high >>1080 standard) as otherwise its a waste of money you are better with single card solutions, and unless they make dx10 games ridiculously resource hungry they should largely eliminate the need for dual cards with the new GPUs.

dospoy

dospoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
wow

you know your stuff, lol. thanks for the help. I was going to go sli, but after reading your response, ill just stick with a single card until dx10 comes out, then ill upgrade.

Edited by dospoy, 13 October 2006 - 10:17 AM.