Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new build

• Please log in to reply

kaleokalani

kaleokalani

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am trying to build a computer, I have a GA-945P-S3 motherboard, dual core microp, 1G of ddr2 ram, a radean x1900gt video card, and a 150G SATA hard drive from my old computer. Windows is installed on the hard drive, the drivers for the new video card are not installed and I have no display. What can I do to get my video to work.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go, KaleoKalani.

What you did not say is if you got any beep codes or that the computer seems to boot up at all. How much of the computer's old hardware are you using? One thing i never do anymore is build a computer and have windows already installed from a previous computer on the HD. A clean install where windows can either find the correct drivers or you can use a MB cdrom that has the drivers is much easier to deal with.

If you get no video at all even when booting up there is either a bad connection between the video card and MB, or the video card has quit working. Perhaps the cable is bad between the computer and the monitor( not likely tho). The only other thing that could be bad is the motherboard itself.

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 13 October 2006 - 08:01 PM.