Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is Security IGuard?

• Please log in to reply

Karianne

Karianne

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can anyone help me? What is Security IGuard? My Norton Antiviral Program found it & recommended that I uninstall it, so I did. However, my computer keeps acting screwy. For one thing, I keep getting a message to delete a file called "nsupdate.dll" but when I do a search to find this file, it does not exist (can it be hidden somewhere?). Also, I when I log on to AOL & try to search for a topic, I continue to get this message: "MicroSoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error..." This is very confusing? What should I do? Any advice would be most gratefully appreciated! Thank you!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://www.spywarewa...nti-spyware.htm
Security Guard is a program touted to remove spyware, but doesn't or doesn't do it well. It is really a limited piece of software that pops up erroneous messages about infections that don't exist, or removes programs from competitors. It is, basically, a con job.

nsupdate.dll--don't know what it is, but it is not windows file. Could be hidden, meaning it is in the system folder...do you search with advanced options? What tells you to delete it?

MS Visual C++ error--this seems to be happening with some frequency. There are programs out there that are replacing current versions of MS Visual C++ files with older ones. The easiest way to fix this is if you have it is to reinstall MS Office.