Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My Microphones won't work!

• Please log in to reply

Fakeor

Fakeor

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hey!

For some days ago, maybe a week, my microphones stopped to work on MY computer...
They aint technically destroyed or something, they just won't work on my computer!

I don't know what's the problem, but I've tried to fix them in a long time.
Reinstall Audio Drivers, adding a seperate soundcard from the Motherboard MicInput which I used.
Checked that I HAVEN'T muted anything with Mic or Speakers!(Woah!)

I just don't know where to go next... I really want my microphones to work so I cant talk on Ventrilo/Teamspeak, sing SingStar(Yihaaa), and record anything!

I appriciate every help as always =)

Pst. I'm sorry if this should be in the hardware section. But it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Motherboard 'n stuff to do, only something with Windows!

Edited by Fakeor, 13 October 2006 - 03:48 PM.

Advertisements

Listerofsmeg

Listerofsmeg

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Have you tested the mic on an other computer?

Fakeor

Fakeor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Not yet! But I'm 100% sure that 2 microphones wont just get destroyed by not touching them! And when a mic gets destroyed, it still give sound, but just beez and other noisy sounds! It's just that my comp wont feel the micPOWEEER! >.<

Fakeor

Fakeor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Bump... I tried it on another computer! The mic worked just fine =)
But not on my comp :whistling:

Fakeor

Fakeor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Uberbump... Comeon, any answers or should i just wait until i want to format the comp again?