Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stupid Computer Tricks

• Please log in to reply

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Something for the Geeks :

Stupid Computer Tricks

Click on first photo to enlarge, then Next if you want to go down the line to see them all.

Ron

Advertisements

Lusi

Lusi

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Wow ;) Amazing. Some people just should not own a computer. lol

Of course I am in the autoparts business and go through almost the same thing, some of the folks that walk in to purchase parts half the time don't even know what they are coming in for...ok this is understandable, but what really scares me is when you ask them what they are driving or what the motor is, and they don't know yet tell me that they will be the one working on it. :tazz:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Had the same scary types in the Avionics industry. Finally refused to fly with some pilots to flight test a system. Hard to believe they ever got a license or even made it to our shop. This one pilot use to fly in from Mexico (shop was in San Antonio) and his complaint was that the autopilot was off because he was always off course after a few hours. Finally found out that he was taking a NAP during part of his trip! It was an inexpensive 2-axis Edo-Air autopilot which he expected to do wonders. ;)

Others I ran across were when I moved to consumer electronics. Still remember this lady bringing a set of speakers in saying the audio sounded bad. These were hugh speakers with air ports in the rear. We found kids clothes just stuffed in the speakers!

Other stuff like combs, berettes, coins, etc. stuffed into VCRs, rf connections totally ripped out of tuners, etc. because customers forgot to disconnect the cables...lots of things lke that.

:tazz:

Ron

Lusi

Lusi

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Too crazy! And I must say I do not blame you in the least for not doing a test flight with some dingaling who should not have gotten a pilots license in the first place! LOL I mean it is one thing to find out what goobs there are with puters but when you have to put your life in someones hands ...err whole different story. ;) :tazz:

queu0

queu0

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
i like the cd trick :tazz: ;)

cobhcf

cobhcf

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
I cannot beleive there are so many dumb people out there..... :tazz:

Cheers! ;)

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
lol! :tazz: ;)

Something for the Geeks :

Stupid Computer Tricks

Click on first photo to enlarge, then Next if you want to go down the line to see them all.   

Ron

View Post

LegendKiller

LegendKiller

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Apparently autopilots should be equipped with alarm clocks?

*cancels all upcoming flights*