Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Comp restarts +Windons explorer error + can't see desktop icons

• Please log in to reply

Mr47

Mr47

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hello,

Thsi just happened today, i was working on a project and all of a suden the computer shutdown and started up again. I was infected with some kind of spyware or thing last week and "Spyware Doctor" told me to restart my comp for the infectionto get deleted completely adna fter that i had problems with firefox (only minor ones). I use firefox and i have noticed that since yesterday it has been running very slowly. I even takes longer to load google.ca. I did both a virus and a spyware scan but there dosen't seem to be any thing there but still if any one can help me with this please do so. I am hopeing someone will actually help me on tis problems since no one did with my last problems"Can't see desktop" - i hadn't done anythign to solve that problem either.

I am not sure but i think they might be related becasue when i start my computer all the icons on the desktop come but after a min or 2 my desktop gets refresed adn then again after 1 min, this only happenes 2 times.
Now every time i onpen my computer a error comes up saying "windows explorer encountred a problem and it refress my desktop and closes my coputer.

Thanks in advance.

SD

Advertisements

Listerofsmeg

Listerofsmeg

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Have you done a hijackthis log & posted it in the Hijackthis Forum?

Mr47

Mr47

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Yes I have done that yesterday already, but haven't got a respons yet, So i am still wating. I thought maybe some one here might know somethign about it.