Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card Performance

• Please log in to reply

Tibatron

Tibatron

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi.
I recently bought an ATI Radeon X1900GT 256MB video card, and I just want to make sure it is running as well as it should be, and there are no problems.

In Counter-Strike Source, with High settings, 4x AA, 16x AF, 1024x768, i get 138fps on the video stress test. Ingame, in cs_assault or something, i would get 50fps - 70fps. Is this normal?

The video card also is quite hot. When I'm not playing any games or anthing, it is at about 71 Celsius. When i am playing a game, it usually hits 85.

My Specs:
GT5028
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ X2
2.00 GHz, 1.00GB RAM
ATI Radeon X1900GT 256MB

Advertisements

racinmason001

racinmason001

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
I have noticed in my desktop pc when I ran an ATI card it ran about 20 degrees higher than my nvidia card. The ATI ran around 70 - 80 and my nvidia card runs at 50 - 65. I personally hate ATI others have there own opinions. The ATI card I had was a X1600pro (it sucked) I upgraded to the BFG Geforce 7900gt oc. I get good FPS in games but when I use 3dmark06 it ranges from 20FPS - 40FPS so I'm gonna say that is normal.

racinmason001

racinmason001

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
double post sorry

Edited by racinmason001, 14 October 2006 - 02:05 AM.