Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan horse downloader.Zlob.DJW?

• Please log in to reply

Pedestrian A

Pedestrian A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi Avohir,

Sorry to trouble you even more but I guess there's still the small problem of that dialer Panda's Activescan picked up but still isn't disinfected and the fact that I can't get Housecall to run on either of my computers (I've always been able to run it!). Thanks again, Avohir. :whistling:

Pedestrian A
- Avohir, if I want to just do some maintenance on my pc like running all the scans recommended on this forum and then post a HijackThis log, can I do that? Will I be troubling you guys and other people who need help?

Advertisements

Avohir

Avohir

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,002 posts
it's still picking it up in the same location?

Pedestrian A

Pedestrian A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi Avohir,

Yup, it's still picking it up in the same place and now a possible virus too. Here's the log,

Incident Status Location

Dialer:dialer.su Not disinfected hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\Switch

Possible Virus. Not disinfected C:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape Browser\components\msgMapi.dll

Pedestrian A.

Edited by Pedestrian A, 03 November 2006 - 08:13 AM.

Avohir

Avohir

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,002 posts
I'm very sorry for the delay, I was laid up with the flu, and I've since been playing catchup.

can you submit this to http://virusscan.jotti.org

C:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape Browser\components\msgMapi.dll

Pedestrian A

Pedestrian A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi Avohir,

Glad you're ok. Here's the results for Jotti's malware scan:

MIGHT BE INFECTED/MALWARE (Sandbox emulation took a long time and/or runtime packers were found, this is suspicious. Normally programs aren't packed and don't force the sandbox into lengthy emulation. Do realize no scanner issued any warning, the file can very well be harmless. Caution is advised, however.)

Pedestrian A.

Edited by Pedestrian A, 15 November 2006 - 05:51 AM.