Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Canon PIXMA iP1000 (the appropriate print head is not installed.)

• Please log in to reply

gretty

gretty

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello guys,

could you pls help me why i am getting this error? print head is not installed!
lately i used my printer it is doing fine but suddenly when i print some doucuments this error will display. pls help me how to resolve this.

thanks in advance. Nice to hear from you soon!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go, Gretty.

Some canon printers have the print heads on the ink cartridges similar to the H-P printers. The problem comes up when you buy ink cartridges that are not made by the company. There is a code that is read from the cartridge telling the printer what it is. Some off brand cartridges will still work despite the error message and others will not.

One other thing i found is that if the carriage holding the cartridges gets warped or cracked it can cause the error because they don't line up correctly. I had someone bring me a printer that they tried using similar but not the right cartridges and ended up cracking the plastic holder trying to force them in.

SRX660

gretty

gretty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi! thanks for the reply.

i remember, it work properly before i installed the service pack2. is it possible this is the reason of causing this error?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You might check with th canon website and see if there a fix.

http://alpha02u.c-ws...let?SV=WWUCA900

http://www.usa.canon...p;modelid=10236

I could not find your model printer, The closest was the iP1500. Yes, it could be that SR2 has caused the problem. I've found some programs have quit working after installing SR2 on a computer. I have tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling with varying results. Sometimes the program starts working correctly and other time it does not help. The canon software should have some troubleshooting you can do with it to correct the problem. Beyond that is replacement with a newer printer.

SRX660

gretty

gretty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi thanks for the info but seems its not because of the service pack 2 cuz i run the printer on my desktop PC still the same problem