Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The application failed to initialize (0xc0000006) click ok to terminat

• Please log in to reply

powertron

powertron

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I just tried to run one of my programs (Tune up utilities 2006) and I got this error message The application failed to initialize (0xc0000006) click ok to terminate.
I clicked ok, then I tried to Reboot my machine.
The machine came on in F12 mode. I opted for Safe Mode, the usual text started scrolling up the screen, then the screen went blank, Windows XP came on the screen like it was loading, a blue screen flashed up for a split second, then it went back into F12 mode.
I tried to opt for all the options eg: Safe Mode with Network - Safe Mode with command prompt etc, but the same thing kept happening.
Eventually after about an hour or so of relentless attempts Start Windows Normally finally worked and XP loaded.
This is a fairly new XP installation (just a few days old) and as far as I can see there is no malicious software on my Pc to cause such a thing.
I appologise if I have posted this in the wrong Forum, but I'm not that sure what catagory this falls under.
Any advice would be appreciated as even now my Tune up utilities still has the same error message, and I know if I was to switch off my machine I would have the same problem getting back online.
Thank you.

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hello there seems you have received a reply here
http://www.cybertech...ad.php?t=134779

That avatar looks very familiar

powertron

powertron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Yes, I did recieve a reply but it never worked, this is why I asked here, just to see if there were more options open to me.