Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Free product to replace TuneUp Utilies 2006

• Please log in to reply

Kostan

Kostan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello,

the free trial for TuneUp Utilies 2006 has ended and I do not want to purchase.
Do you know of any good replacement?

Thank you :whistling:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Does that just fix the registry? I have a tool for that... Go to http://www.ccleaner.com and download the utility. it will not only erase your computer's internet cookies and such, but can also repair the registry, which is a valuable tool. If there's more, we'll find something for you.

Kostan

Kostan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank u Stormknight6,

I am already using CCleaner along with Registry Mechanic 5, RegClean, CleanUp, NTRegOpt, CleanCache 3, ActiveXhelper, ShellXView and APM of DiamondCS.
Do u think that all these suffice and cover what TuneUp does?

Edited by Kostan, 14 October 2006 - 10:21 AM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Ok, well, you have a good variety of programs here. Your registry is fine with CCleaner. I see that Tune Up tunes Firefox as well, so if you need something for that then download FireTune by clicking HERE ... CCleaner will also delete sensative files and internet junk. I see that Tune Up defragments the hard disk. You can just use the Windows Version of this by clicking on Start, putting your mouse over all programs, putting your mouse over Accessories, putting your mouse over System Tools, and then clicking on Disk Defragment. I also see that Tune Up restores deleted files. Well, I don't know of any good programs for that, but you should always be careful anyway. Lastly, see that it helps control what programs load at startup. You can control this youself by clicking on Start, click on Run. In the Run box, type msconfig and press enter. Click on the Startup tab, and select what you want, and don't want to load at startup. Keep in mind that if you're not sure what something is, it should best be left alone. So to make this long story short, you can do pretty much everything that Tune Up does, and all it requires is the extra 5 minutes on your part. :whistling: