Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Teamspeak Help

• Please log in to reply

Fox3inbound

Fox3inbound

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
:whistling: Can someone give me the reader's digest version about teamspeak.. Is it worth using for Online games that don't offer in-game chat (specifically Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter), or is there another program or method that might work better? Thank you much...

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
TeamSpeak really comes in handy for this. If the game doesn't have VoIP, and you need to speak with the team, do it. The only problem I see is that you need to have a server for it, which will probably cost money. What I do, personally, is I use Skype to talk to my friends while I play BF2. It doesn't require a dedicated server, and I think it's more clear really. If your team already has a server, I don't see why not to use it.

Fox3inbound

Fox3inbound

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Well, it's usually only two of us playing coop mode, so do you think Skype would work better?

Oh, and since you mentioned dedicated server, what is a dedicated server? I've always been curious as to what this is...

Posted Image

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Well, usually you have your own web server, or part of it, specially for teamSpeak, becuase TeamSpeak of course takes it's toll on the servers, so if you can keep TeamSpeak away from the website server, it will run more smoothly. If there's only two of you, then use Skype. No sense in going through the teamSpeak troubles. :whistling:

Fox3inbound

Fox3inbound

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thanks for the info I hope it works out... I downloaded skype, my name is "Cobra.Kai" if you want to add me, in case we ever play the same games...

Posted Image

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Let us know how Skype works for you :whistling: